Monday, August 31, 2020

Happy Birthday, Wild Thing

I recently saw someone do a very cool technique -- putting a lattice work die-cut behind the openings in a slimline card -- and I knew I had to give it a try, using just some new Karen Burniston dies.

After cutting my 3 1/4" x 8 1/4" lime green panel, I cut three circles in it, using one of the Crosshatch Circles dies.  I then backed the outside two circles with pieces cut from a panel which I had previously cut using the Fronds Pattern Plate.  I stamped the sentiment at the middle of a 3 1/4" x 8 1/4" white panel and overlaid it with the lime green panel, using foam tape to raise the lime panel just a bit.  I then glued it down onto the darker green card base.


After the card was constructed, I added the giraffe from the new Safari Animals set, a couple of leaves from the pattern plate, and several sequins.  This just shows that you really don't need slimline dies to make a slimline card.

No comments: