Thursday, June 4, 2020

CCEE2023 - The Rose

Vicky starts her month as hostess for the CCEE Stampers by telling us that the Rose is June's birth flower.  She said:  Symbolically, the rose has more meanings than one can count!

*  A pink rose means perfect happiness, while a red rose means "I love you."
*  A white rose signifies innocence, purity, and new beginnings.
*  A yellow rose conveys jealousy.

A bouquet of roses means sincere gratitude, whereas a single rose amplifies the meaning of the color (a single red rose means "I REALLY love you").  She asked us to make a card with a single rose or a bouquet of roses . . . or however many roses you want!  Happy Rose Day!

I've been playing around with the current trend of slimline cards.  The one I made for today's challenge has three single roses (not sure just what that signifies!).  I tried my hand at no-line coloring by stamping the flowers in gray and then coloring them with Copics.  They turned out pretty well.


Be sure to check out the CCEE Stampers blog for some more beautiful roses.

6 comments:

MiamiKel said...

OH I just ordered a slimline and so glad I did after spying your fabulous card! I love that you have a variety of different roses - no way to pick a fave as they are all stunning!

Liz Williams said...

Love your trio of roses being representative of the some of the variety roses there are. Your long card format is perfect in displaying them so beautifully.

Lynn McAuley said...

I love the rich, vibrant colors on each of your gorgeous roses, Lois! They look awesome peeking through the windows in your slimline design!! What a sensational birthday card!

Vicky Gould said...

I love your trio of roses....beautiful coloring highlighting the various roses that are out there for everyone to enjoy! Great work, Lois!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Not just pretty well, gorgeous!! What lovely coloring of those beauties. I love your slimline card, mf!

Debbie Munkirs said...

This is a beautiful job! I just started to collect copics and hope I can do a beautiful job like this on my cards