Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Karen Burniston Designer Challenge - DOUBLE

It's time for the Karen Burniston Designer Challenge once again.  And this month's theme is such fun - make a card using a doubling theme.   This could be a double Pivot Panel, a double Katherine, a double Surprise Ball, or any fun combination of two different pop-up dies.  As I am thoroughly hooked on the Surprise Ball Pop-Up and thought Karen's billboard card for last month's challenge was so creative, I wanted to try a double Surprise Ball Pop-Up Billboard.  I was trying to think of a theme when "Love and Marriage" popped into my head -- so a wedding card was my choice.

Because of the two billboards, I had to make a much larger card -- this one is 5 1/2" x 11".  The front is very clean and simple -- leaving the drama for the inside.  The silvery paper on the front is from a 12" x 12" pad of silver foil cardstock I found at Michaels.  I used one of the dies from the Tropical Landscape set for my scallops.


I used two pair of 1/4" magnets to hold down the flap at the bottom.


I had some wedding paper left from a project I did many years ago and used it for the background of the inside of my card. (That shows that hoarding paper sometimes is a good idea.  My son and his wife have been married for 11 years!)  Karen's Valentine card last month had hearts going around the edge of her billboard, and I "borrowed" that idea for my wedding card, substituting glittery silver paper for some of the hearts.  The "Love & Marriage" sentiment was made using the Karen Burniston Alphabet dies.



Going in a totally different direction, I made a second card for the "DOUBLE" challenge.  My grandson loves the Minions, so I thought I'd try to make one.




Karen Burniston Pop-Up dies are so much fun, and doubling them up just makes it that much more fun!  Check out the rest of the DT double-up cards for some more creative ideas.