Thursday, February 20, 2020

CCEE2008 - Paper Piecing

For her challenge this week, Anne asked the CCEE Stampers to make a card for a friend using a fun technique -- paper piecing.  She also instructed us to mail it!!!

I pulled out a cute stamp from Paper Nest Dolls and the Karen Burniston Rockin' Rectangle die to make this card for my sister, who is also a paper crafter.  It may be a little difficult to see, but this crafter's skirt is paper-pieced.  I had purchased those sentiment stamps at a stamp show many years ago and thought they would be perfect.  In case you can't read the inside sentiment, it says, "She who dies with the most stamps wins!"  We can all relate to that one.



By the way, I have already mailed this card to my sister, who will be visiting me from Illinois next month.  We will be attending the Orlando Stamp & Scrapbook Expo while she's here.

Stop over at the CCEE Stampers blog for some more examples of paper-piecing.

7 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Lois, this is sensational! I love the bright pop of color with the orange! She's a real cutie and this is one great card fold!

Lynn McAuley said...

It is great sharing this passion for crafting with your sister! Ask me how I know? What a perfect card for yours!! Have fun together at the Orlando Stamp & Scrapbook show!!

Awesome work on piecing that tiny skirt!!

Liz Williams said...

So cute and you did it in our favorite color!! I am sure your sister loved it.

Vicky Gould said...

Orange you glad you made this card!!! Soooo cute! I want to go to the Expo with you! I am sooo jealous! Have a great time with your sister!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

OMG, I may be in the running for the most stamps! Your card is such fun, and so wonderfully pieced, mf!!

StampOwl said...

beautifully paper pieced card, and of course I can relate to that sentiment LOL

تاج للخدمات المنزلية said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.