Monday, March 4, 2019

Galactic Adventures Candy Box

My Kindred Stamps non-release week set for March is Galactic Adventures.  Space geek that I am, this was the first Kindred Stamps set that I purchased -- and I've never looked back.  I've decided that for this month's blog posts, I'm going to make something other than cards.  For today's creation, I've made a treat box using a Laughing Cow cheese box.


If you've never made one of these, I'll give you a quick lesson.  It's pretty easy.  And you'll be able to have a healthy snack along the way!!!

After you've eaten all eight wedges of cheese, you'll be left with the box.


Using some spray paint, give both sections of the box a good coat of paint.  I actually put two coats on my box pieces.


Using the largest dies from both Spellbinders Petite Scallop Circles and Standard Circles, I cut and decorated the layers for the inside and outside of my box.  The patterned paper is from a marvelous pad of paper I bought at Hobby Lobby called Stargazer.  It works so well with all three of the Galactic Adventures sets.


After allowing the paint to dry for a couple of hours, I put the circle pieces onto the cheese boxes.


I added a strip of thin glittery purple washi tape to the outside rim of the top and bottom of the box, and it was finished.



You could put any type of treat into this box; just make sure it is thin so the box can close snugly.  The Ghiradelli candies were perfect.

No comments: