Monday, July 2, 2018

Quick Gift Card Holder

The CottageCutz design team is going to pull out some older dies during the month of July and show them off.  I used the Filigree Daisy Envelope to make a quick gift card holder, adding one of the Expressions Plus sentiments.


I cut the envelope from a piece of purple cardstock.


The base of the card is just a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of purple cardstock and a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of patterned paper.



After folding on all of the score lines on the envelope, I added some narrow Scor-Tape to the side tabs.


I then cut the sentiment twice -- once in purple and once in shimmery white.  I had run the scraps of cardstock through my Xyron machine prior to cutting so that I could adhere them easily.


I used Scor-Tape on the back of the envelope for good adhesion to the card.


I adhered the envelope at the bottom of the card and layered the two sentiments at the top -- on an angle.


To hold the flap closed, I cut a strip of Velcro . . .



. . . and placed it behind the daisy.  I closed the flap to place the second piece on the envelope.  I trimmed the portion that was above the opening.


I then added a few sequins and inserted the gift card.


Here again is my completed card.


I would encourage you to look through the CottageCutz website and see what you may have missed.


No comments: