Monday, February 5, 2018

Easter Morning

I'm hoping that winter is over here in Florida.  I don't do well in the cold!  To keep my spirits up, I've been enjoying playing with the new release of Easter/Spring dies from CottageCutz.  Be sure to check them out over on the website while they're 25% off.  My card today uses the Spring Tree of Life die.


I wanted to try a bit of background sponging on my card to depict a sunrise, so I cut the image from white cardstock -- which would not take away from the background.


Using sponges, I made my background from Ranger Distress inks -- Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Worn Lipstick, Milled Lavender, and Tumbled Glass.  I wanted the sun to be in the lower right-hand corner, so I slanted the colors.


I then laid my die-cut onto the sponged background and marked the edges.


I trimmed the panel slightly inside the pencil marks and glued down the diecut.


Then I cut my card base:

Purple - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Pale yellow patterned paper (a watercolor wash) - 4" x 5 1/4"


Lining up my yellow paper in my MISTI stamp positioner, I stamped my Easter greeting . . .


. . . and constructed my card, placing the die-cut piece at an angle.


I cut a frame from the same purple cardstock as the base and added strips of foam tape to the back.



I then mounted the frame on top of my die-cut -- and I was finished.


CottageCutz dies used on my card are:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzspringtreeoflife.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzpiercedwidesquareframesetbasics.aspx


No comments: