Thursday, July 2, 2015

Santa and Sleigh

I attended StampFest this past weekend and had a great time.  One of the booths in which I plunked down quite a bit of cash was the Impression Obsession booth.  I had five die/die sets on my list, three of which I purchased.  However, I also bought about six or seven dies NOT on my list.  Two of them are on this card:


One of the cards on their sample board was actually a tag using this Santa and Sleigh die -- and that sold me.  I learned a little trick for making snow drifts using a crimper from that tag.  I embellished a bit from the tag by making a second drift and tucking in the stand of evergreen trees behind it.  Some white gel added some snow to the branches of the trees.  I used that same white gel pen for the stars.

I'm entering this card in the Impression Obsession Christmas in July challenge.

Cardstock:  Recollections 110 lb. White, The Paper Studio Black; MFP Stamp Shop Snow Storm Smooth and Deep Olive
Ink:  Ranger Distress Tumbled Glass, Chipped Sapphire
Accessories:  IO Santa die, IO Fir Tree Border die, Ranger sponge applicators, Sakura white gelly roll pen, Crimper

5 comments:

Patti J said...

So pretty, Lois! Love it! IO has beautiful things :-)

Rachel B. said...

Beautiful card! I would have liked to visit the Impression Obsession booth!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Lois, what fun to have attended StampFest! And I would have done some major damage too - hehe!! I love this Christmas card, and what a great Santa and sleigh die! I love your "crimped" snow idea...looks great, and I love the evergreens! Beautiful card, and it's a reminder I need to get going myself on these! Hugs!

Vicki G said...

what a gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us on the IO Challenge!

Blogger said...

QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

Get professional trading signals sent to your mobile phone daily.

Start following our signals NOW and make up to 270% a day.