Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Sketch Challenge 521 - SCS

This was my final week as a sample maker for the Sketch Challenge over on Splitcoaststampers.    Allison had given us a daunting task with this sketch:


My card started out as basically a Clean and Simple design, but morphed into something a bit more "busy."


I sponged the rays with Ranger Distress Scattered Straw ink and planned just to add the sun/moon panel and the sentiment, which definitely would have been CAS.  However, I smudged a bit of ink onto the sunrays; and, after all the time it took to do that sponging, I was not about to throw it away.  So I cut a small flourish and adhered it strategically to cover the smudge.  Then I had to add the Enamel Dot stickers to balance out the flourish.   No longer CAS!

I enjoyed my stint as part of the Sketch Challenge team.  It was supposed to be a three-month gig, but it extended to five months -- and I had a grand time.   Thanks, Janette, for asking me.

Stamps:  MFP Stamp Shop Sun and Moon
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress Scattered Straw
Paper:  MFP Stamp Shop Dark Night Navy, Snow Storm Smooth
Accessories:  Copic markers, Ranger Sponge applicator, Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish (small), Recollections Enamel Dot Stickers

No comments: