Sunday, September 23, 2012

Holly Jolly Greetings

Release week from Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company, is a little late this month.  There were some manufacturer problems, but this month's Blog Hop starts on Tuesday.  Today I have a couple of sneak peeks at the "extra" set for September -- Holly Jolly Greetings.  I never have too many Christmas cards, so this was fun.

My first card was for the SCS Queen for the Day challenge on Friday.  Our queen this week was Joanne Grzelak (jojot on SCS).  Joanne was one of the first people I "met" when I joined SCS, so I was more than happy to CASE one of her cards.  Like me, Joanne loves to paper-pierce, so I had to find a card with piercing on it -- and I did, her My MVP card.  Here is my Christmas version of her football card.


In addition to the change of theme, I also changed her blues to greens; removed the sentiment, and added those big three snowflakes.

My second sneak peek is another CASE -- for the SCS Featured Stamper challenge today.  Jackie Rockwell (westie2) was the featured stamper.  While I was VERY familiar with Joanne's gallery, Jackie's was completely new to me.  But I found this Thinking of You card, which I liked for those three "holes" down the side.  This is my version of her card.


Instead of DP in my holes, I embossed some white cardstock with a polkadot embossing folder and then sponged the debossed side with the same ink that I used to sponge the sentiment circles.  My card isn't quite as CAS as Jackie's because I added the Santa image.  The edge was cut with a Stampin' Up edgelit die, and then I sponged around the edges.

I hope you'll stop back on Tuesday for the beginning of the MFP Blog Hop.  We've got a mix of themes this month -- in addition to Christmas with the set I used today, we've got pirates, halloween, and autumn.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Your cards are so cute! That Santa is adorable!
Pam
pamdanner1973@gmail.com
srrap-n-sewgranny@blogspot.com

Ravengirl said...

Cute cards! Santa looks amazing just the way you have colored him!!