Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Sketch Challenge and More

In the next couple of weeks I am going to be joining a challenge team, the CCEE Stampers. To get my feet wet, I'll be doing the challenges but not as an official member. Today's challenge is a sketch drawn up by Frances Byrne, StampOwl on Splitcoaststampers.

I used a new set from Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company, called Love Remains, which will be released next week. The set includes both a full rose and a rosebud, a trio of leaves, and seven sentiments.



I also made a card for the SCS Ways to Use It challenge -- to use stickers on your card. I've recently realized that I could actually make CAS cards, something that came as a total surprise to me. One thing I like to add to a CAS card is the line frame around the edge of the card. My required stickers on this card are the butterflies -- from a sheet of Startform stickers. The rose is from the same soon-to-be-released set from Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company -- Love Remains.



I'm looking forward to playing with the CCEE stampers, a few of them who were on the Stampin' Bs with me for several years.

Card #1
Stamps: MFP Love Remains
Paper: MFP August Greens, Snow Storm Smooth; K & Company Julianne DP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copic markers, Circle nestabilities, Eyelets


Card #2
Stamps: MFP Love Remains
Paper: MFP Premium Heavy White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Cottage Ivy
Accessories: Copic markers, Starform butterfly stickers, Memento Cottage Ivy marker

3 comments:

Sillyfilly said...

This is a pretty card for the CCEE challenge. I like that image and your coloring is pretty.

Vicky Gould said...

Beautiful cards, Lois!

Joanne (jojot) said...

Lois.....this is such a gorgeous use of the CCEE sketch.....soft and oh so lovely...can't wait til you are official