Thursday, January 26, 2012

CCEE - Australia Day

I just joined the CCEE gals on their design team. As today (January 26) is Australia Day, we were to make a card that is Aussie-related. I chose their national colors of green and gold. I have been having fun making CAS cards lately, so that's what I did today.



I inked up a rectangular acrylic block alternately with Memento Bamboo Leaves and Dandelion and then stamped directly onto the card base. Then I stamped the chair and tree with Versafine Onyx Black over the green and yellow -- and clear embossed it. I have found I like the look of the line frame on CAS cards, so I drew the frame with a Bamboo Leaves marker.

Stamps: Mark's Finest Papers - Adirondack Summer
Paper: MFP Fresh Cream
Ink: Memento Bamboo Leaves, Dandelion; Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: Clear embossing powder, Memento Bamboo Leaves marker

10 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

A very cute card, Lois. I just got this set last week. Can't wait to use it. Happy to have you on the team.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Lois, this scene is so relaxing! What a wonderful way to spend Australia Day, resting under a tree in a chair. great CAS card.

Sabrina said...

Wow, your acrylic block stamping makes a fabulous background for your tranquil and peaceful scene, I love the sort of marbled look. And I'd love to be under that tree with a good book on a warm summer's day.

Benzi said...

Super CAS card, Lois. Love your acrylic stamped background. Glad to be working with you here. Seems like old times. :-) Not that we're not already working together.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Welcome, welcome, Lois! I'm so glad you're on the team! Your CAS card is terrific! The scene is so relaxing and I love the lined frame you drew.

Vicky Gould said...

This is beautiful, Lois...welcome aboard yet another great team. I know you'll be the perfect fit!

Kathy Bradley said...

I bought this set some time back - because the chair and weeping willow tree remind me of my grandparents' farm. There were willows surrounding the big house and chairs and benches scattered around the trees (and the trees were awesome to climb) - such fun memories! Your card is clean and very lovely, Lois!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

I too love the frame on CAS cards and you did this one beautifully....love that image...I'd like to be in a warm place right now....we are experiencing sleet at the moment

Ellen Taylor said...

Love the lined frame you made! I would love to have some time to sit in that peaceful looking chair! TFS

Laura P. said...

Lois, I love all your cards, and print them out so I can use them as samples. I really admire your work, and with I had the time to do more. Health problems keep me from doing much.

I have been trying to call Faith for a week, and am extremely worried. I am her friend Laura from California. We are great phone buddies, and as I said, I am concerned.

I did not know of any other way of contacting you, and I hope you read this comment. My e-mail address is lauraa_pitzer@me.com or 2lpitzers@verizon.net. I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks so much. Laura P.