Thursday, January 27, 2011

Stampin'B Challenge - Song Title

This week's Stampin'B hostess is NancyRuth, and she asked us to create a card inspired by a song title. While I was not a child of the 60's (actually I'm a pre-baby boomer, having been born in 1941), but I love the music of the 60's -- and one of my favorite singing groups was The Fifth Dimension.




The musical Hair had many great songs, "Aquarius/Let the Sun Shine In" being one of them. That's the song title I chose as the inspiration for my card. In case you are unfamiliar with the song, I've included some of the words.

I stamped the small sun from Mark's Finest Papers set, Hello Sunshine, with Versafine Black Onyx and then colored it with Copic markers. Using a punched scallop circle, I sponged in the clouds and the "glow" around the sun. As the second line of the chorus mentions stars, I used a scrap of starry paper for the top background.

Stamps - Mark's Finest Papers Hello Sunshine
Paper - Mark's Finest Papers Blue Skies, Dark Night Navy, Snow Storm Smooth; unknown DP
Ink - Versafine Black Onyx and Majestic Blue, Tim Holtz Distressed Scattered Straw and Tumbled Glass
Accessories - Copic markers, Clear ep, Sponge dauber, Corner rounder, Ribbon, Scallop circle punch for cloud template

2 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

I just love the effect you achieved on that sun...so bright and happy....wonderful work

Unknown said...

Thanks for using our site as inspiration in one of your recent challenges! Your Alice in Wonderland card was so pretty and we were so happy to see it! We hope that you continue to use our site for more and more ideas!

http://www.roomsbyzoyab.com/