Friday, November 27, 2009

Vicky Gould was the hostess for this week's Stampin'B's DT Blog Challenge. She forced me to make one last Thanksgiving card – and it’s a pretty simple one.

The image is from a clear dollar stamp I found at Joanne, stamped in Palette Burnt Umber and quickly clear-embossed. I used a corner rounder to match the line border around the sentiment. To add a little more color to the basically monochromatic color scheme, I sponged around the edges with Palette Landscape. The card base is Really Rust, as is the punched layer around the sentiment. I used a Martha Stewart Around the Corner Punch to “fancy” it up a bit. The patterned paper is from Debbie Mumm’s Harvest & Holiday DP pad from last year. A little ribbon and one of the punched-out leaves, which I sponged, from the corner punch were added for a bit of an accent.

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.
--------
Stamp - Dollar stamp from Joann
Paper - Really Rust, GP White, Debbie Mumm Harvest & Holiday DP
Ink - Palette Burnt Umber and Landscape
Accessories - MS leaf border and corner punches, Ribbon, Sponge dauber, Corner rounder
-------
Don't forget, starting next week the Stampin'B's blog challenge will be on Thursdays.

2 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

so very lovely....love the way you focused on the sentiment

Stacy Morgan said...

Pretty and very fall feeling Lois. Great job.