Friday, November 6, 2009

Stampin'B's Challenge #31 - Holiday/Christmas

Faith (a/k/a Markie's Mom) was the hostess for this week's Stampin'B's DT Blog challenge. Her Christmas/Holiday card challenge gave me an opportunity to use my new Santa from Flourishes.

For my first card using this set I decided to start out simple with him – stamping with Palette Cognac on Flourishes Classic White and adding just a little color using Spica glitter pens on his glasses and the holly leaves. The holly berries are half-pearls. Colored cardstock is Bravo Burgundy, Always Artichoke and Basic Grey Wassail DP. The sentiment is stamped with Always Artichoke, cut out with a Petite Oval nestie, sponged with Creamy Caramel while still in the nestie die, and matted in Always Artichoke.
-------
Stamps - Santa I Believe by Flourishes
Paper - SU Bravo Burgundy and Always Artichoke, Flourishes Classic White, Basic Grey Wassail DP
Ink - Palette Cognac, Always Artichoke, Creamy Caramel
Accessories - Petite Oval Nestabilities, Spica glitter pens, Red half pearls
----------
Starting in December, the Stampin'B's Challenge is moving to Thursdays.

5 comments:

Vicky Gould said...

I absolutely love, love, love this card. You did the image more than justice! It's beautiful, Lois!

Nicole said...

Lois, I love this beautiful Santa face and I love the vintage look that you achieve with this image. Beautiful work and I love it!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

I have to tell you...everytime I see a card with this Santa image it just warms my heart....it reminds me of the Santa of my youth....a holly, jolly, fellow.....just love it

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Beautiful Lois, I like this Santa image and your colors are perfect.

Holly said...

Oh Lois, just beautiful! I so wanted to NOT order any of the new releases but off I go now.....I have no will-power when faced with such inspiration.

Holly