Friday, October 2, 2009

Stampin'B's Challenge #26 - Pumpkin

NancyRuth was the hostess for the Stampin'B's Design Team Blog challenge this week. She actually gave us an easy challenge -- to use a pumpkin on our card. I was making Thanksgiving cards a week or so ago with my sister, and what would a Thanksgiving card be without a pumpkin?!!

After stamping with Palette Noir Black ink on PTI White cardstock, I colored the image from SU’s Harvest Home set with Prismacolor and Copic markers. I used my sister’s Octagonal Nestabilities to cut out the image and the Really Rust mat. (I like those octagonal nesties – will have to put them on my wish list.) The background paper is from last year’s Debbie Mumm Harvest & Holiday DP pad, and the ribbon is from Michaels. The sentiment, stamped with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink and clear embossed, is from one of the SU All Year Cheer sets – not sure which one! This is a very simple card, but I like the way it turned out.
----
Stamps - SU Harvest Home, SU All Year Cheer
Ink - Palette Noir Black, Versafine Vintage Sepia
Paper - PTI White, SU Really Rust, Debbie Mumm Harvest & Holiday DP
Accessories - Clear ep, Prismacolor & Copic Markers, Spellbinders Octagonal Nestabilities, Ribbon

3 comments:

ButterflyEars said...

Lois, I think this is one terrific pumpkin scene. I love the giant pumpkins in the foreground and the barn at the back. Awesome coloring GF. WOW!! on all of this....
Nicole

Joanne (jojot) said...

How lucky you are to share your love of stamping with your sister....another bond to keep you together......and I bet there is some enabling involved too...lol

anyhooooooooooo...your card is fabulous...love that farm scene with the large pumpkin....a really wonderful autumnal scene

Carol Southern said...

Fantastic Lois. Love your choice of papers, layout and that stamp is terrific.