Tuesday, May 7, 2024

From the Vault

This month's theme for the Karen Burniston Designer Challenge is "From the Vault."  We were to take a previous card we had made with one of Karen's dies and use it as inspiration for a new card.

As I was looking through my gallery of previous cards, I thought I might like to "re-make" one of the slimline cards I had made using the Little Labels Pop-Ups, but I couldn't really home in on one in particular.  After watching Karen's February virtual class with the triple Raising Platform, an idea came to me.

This is the card I finally used as my inspiration.



My new card is an A2 rather than a slimline, but it does have a reference to the 4th of July.


. . . and the inside has three panels with fireworks.  Only two of the platforms have fireworks, however; the third platform has a sentiment panel, similar to the way Karen's card had a sentiment panel on the center platform.


Here you can see exactly how the original card was my inspiration -- three panels with fireworks and patriotic paper for the background.



I think that triple Raising Platform technique is quite clever, and I'm glad I tried it.

3 comments:

Golda said...

These are both great cards. I'm partial to A2, and I love all the fun you created both inside and outside on it.

S. M. said...

Love the new version of your 'slimline' 4th of July card - so festive!!

Kathy De Hay said...


.
Both cards are really Great. I have to make some Birthday cards and the fire works may just work out as doing something different. Thanks.