Thursday, December 10, 2020

CCEE2050 - The Glow of Christmas

 Lynn brings the last CCEE Stampers challenge of 2020, which has been a bleak and dark time for us all.  For this final challenge of the year, Lynn asked that our cards reflect a seasonal light of hope and promise for a brighter new year.  It could be represented by a candle, the lights on a Christmas tree, the Star of Bethlehem, or any other light that comes to mind.

The first time I saw this lantern die from Honey Bee Stamps, I was hooked and knew I had to have it.  I just think it is so pretty, and it was perfect for today's challenge.  I'm hoping the glow of the candle will brighten the day. 



Actually, I made this card to hold a gift card.  Because of Covid-19, I probably won't be seeing most of my family this Christmas; so I decided everyone will be getting a gift card -- inside a hand-made gift card holder.  This one is for my son's mother-in-law, who has become a good friend of mine.


Check out the CCEE Stampers blog for some more Glow of Christmas creations.

6 comments:

MiamiKel said...

I love everything about your lantern card! This is such a sweet design and a terrific way to include a gift card! Merry Christmas to you and Happy New Year!

StampOwl said...

Loving that lantern card. Wishing you a merry Christmas.

Lynn McAuley said...

This fabulous shaped card is a true Christmas beauty and the glow of your candle absolutely magical, Lois!! Exquisite work!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

How wonderful this card/lantern is, Lois! What a lovely shape, and how clever to make it a gift card holder as well. All your cards are so well thought out and creative. Merry Christmas, Dear friend.

Liz Williams said...

This looks like a real paper crafted tea light lantern to me. You captured such dimension on this gorgeous card, Lois. Awesome work!

JD/ Jill said...

Wow! I really like everything about this very nicely done card! Great job using this die!