Monday, April 30, 2018

Orchids for Mom

CottageCutz has a brand-new release of Mother's Day's dies -- words, flowers, and more.  They are currently 25% off, so you might want to check them out.  I featured one of the sets, Orchids, on my card today.

Again I used one of the old Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenges for my layout.


This is the card I created using that layout as a guide.



Orchids are such delicate-looking flowers, so I wanted my card to show that.  I took some vellum and colored it with a pink Copic marker before I cut the flowers.


Then I cut out the flower petals. I decided that one layer of the orchids needed to be darker, as shown in the packaging, so I colored them with a darker pink.   The rest of the pieces I cut from white cardstock.


I then colored the white pieces in appropriate colors and built my image.  You can see how the orchids have a delicate look.


I cut my cardstock and patterned paper as follows:

White cardstock for base - 8 1/2" x 11"
Pink cardstock - 4" x 5 1/4", 3 1/4" x 3 1/4", 3" x 4"
Patterned paper - 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"

Using the 2nd largest Double-stitched Square die and the 2nd largest Double-stitched Rectangle die, I cut two smaller white panels.



Using the sketch challenge layout, I constructed my card base.


I then cut the Mom sentiment from pink cardstock using another one of the new dies.



I glued the sentiment at the corner where the star appears in the sketch and popped up the orchid with foam pop dots.  I added a few soft green enamel dot stickers, and I was done.


CottageCutz dies used on my card are:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzorchids.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzdouble-stitchedsquaresetbasics.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzdouble-stitchedrectanglesetbasics.aspx



1 comment:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Such a pretty make Lois. Love the delicate orchid flowers and your take on the sketch is spot on! Gorgeous inspiration!