Monday, November 6, 2017

Sweet Treats Screen Card

It's hard to believe Christmas is right around the corner.  I don't know if you're like me, but I make Christmas cards all year long.  It keeps the panic at bay!  I have a Christmas card today made with a fun new die from CottageCutz, Cocoa and Sweet Treats.


To start my card, I cut my cardstock as follows:

White - 5 1/2" x 10 1/2"
Green - 3 1/2" x 4" (3 panels)
Patterned paper - 3 1/4" x 3 3/4" (3 panels)


I scored the long white panel at 3 1/2" and 7", creating three sections.  Using a Martha Stewart snowflake border punch, I punched along the top of the white panel.  I then lined up the top of the largest Rounded Square die along the bottom edge of the first panel and cut out the "legs" of my screen.  I then duplicated this process on the second and third panels.


I then constructed my screen by gluing the patterned paper onto the green panels, which I then glued to the screen.


Then came the fun.  I die-cut all the pieces from the Cocoa and Tasty Treats die -- some from colored cardstock and the majority from white cardstock.



I then colored the white pieces with Copic markers and constructed my images.  Note the top of the cup for the first panel.  It is cut from a small piece of vellum.


All that remained was to glue the cups and treats to the panels and stamp the sentiments.


Be sure to check out all the dies in the new Christmas release over on the CottageCutz website.  Dies used on my card today are:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcocoaandsweettreats.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzroundedsquaresetbasics.aspx


1 comment:

Unknown said...

That card is so cute. I went to order and I get a message that they are not mailing anything until Sept. Is that an old message?
Thank you
Lynne