Monday, August 7, 2017

Wedding Doves

A wedding is such a wonderful occasion for which to make a card.  You can go elegant or you can go fun.  I think my card today is somewhere in between the two.  CottageCutz has recently released two series of dies, both of which contributed to my card today.  There is a wedding set and a series of nested shapes.  I used one die from each set along with some wedding paper that I had in my stash.


To begin I cut a piece of heavyweight white cardstock 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", one piece of patterned paper 4" x 5 1/4" and another piece of patterned paper 3 3/4" x 2 3/4".


Then I cut the die-cuts from pink, green, and shimmer white cardstock.


Using some Copic markers, I added some color to the doves and the small hearts.


I placed some large foam pop dots on the pink die-cut panel.


The wedding paper that I used came in a pad which also included some pop-out die-cut pieces.  I found one that I liked and added the two small pink hearts to it.


I applied some liquid glue to the back of the branch . . .


. . . and some foam pop dots to the backs of the doves.


And then I constructed my card.


CottageCutz dies used on this card are:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutznestedstitchedeyeletrectangleset.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzfancydoveswithvine.aspx