Monday, July 24, 2017

Two Doves

As I mentioned last week, CottageCutz has two new die collections -- a wedding collection and a nesting shapes collection.  I'm using a die from each set this week for my monochromatic card.


To start my card, I cut two pieces of white cardstock -- 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" (scored at 4 1/4") and 3 7/8" x 4 1/8", and one piece of black cardstock 4" x 5 1/4"; as well as a piece of patterned paper 2 7/8" x 3 7/8".


Next I cut the Stitched Eyelet Rectangle panel, using the largest die in the set, and the Two Doves die-cuts from white and black cardstock.


Using some ivory Copic markers and a black pen, I added some accents to the doves.


I wanted the doves to be raised from the card, so I placed some foam dots on the backs of them . . .


. . . and adhered the bird stand and doves onto the patterned paper, which had been glued to the black panel.  Sometime ago I bought a package of wedding paper, which also included some tags.  I adhered one of the small tags to the top corner.


I ran the 3 7/8" x 4 1/8" piece of white cardstock through my Cuttlebug using an embossing folder with a similar pattern as that on the patterned paper; then I constructed the card base.


I glued down the finished eyelet panel at an angle, and my card was finished.



CottageCutz dies used on this card are:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzpairofdoves.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutznestedstitchedeyeletrectangleset.aspx







1 comment:

fusiafscrapping said...

What an ADORABLE card, so cute and thanks for sharing.