Supplies used on this project are:
Plastic page protector
Sequins (black, gold, white)
We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool
White and Yellow cardstock
Scor-tape and foam adhesive circles
Wink of Stella
Xyron sticker maker
To begin my project, I cut one corner of the 8 1/2" x 11" page protector down to 6" x 7 1/2".
If you've never used a Fuse tool before, you should probably practice a little bit before attempting a project. You need to let it warm up for about 10 minutes to achieve the proper temperature. The tool comes with a 6 1/2" ruler/guide, but I needed to fuse the 7 1/2" side; so I used a longer metal ruler.
This made a pocket, which I folded in half, using a bone folder to make a good crease.
Open the pocket and pour in some black, gold, and white sequins -- distributing them evenly on both sides of the crease.
It just so happened that I had some ribbon with bumblebees on it. I cut a piece of ribbon long enough to go around the top of the pocket and lap over slightly. To make adhering the ribbon easier, I ran a strip of Scor-tape across the back of the ribbon. Then I applied the ribbon around the top of the pocket. I made a bow and attached it to the left-hand side of the front of the pocket.
Now it was time to finish decorating the front of the money holder. On white cardstock I stamped, colored, and die cut Bumblebee Chloe. I used some Wink of Stella on her wings to make them sparkle a bit.
Then I ran her through my Xyron sticker maker to make sure she had adhesive covering her entire back.
Again on white cardstock I stamped, colored and die-cut the Honey Pot, Honey Applicator and some bees from the Sweet Valentine set.
I cut a banner from a scrap piece of yellow cardstock and stamped the "Bee Happy" sentiment at the top, then attached the small die-cuts to the banner with foam adhesive circles. I adhered the banner beneath the bow, using Scor-tape, and the Chloe "sticker" to the right side of the money holder. All that remained was to put the money in the pocket between the front and back "shaker" sides.
This was a fun project, and I imagine I will be making many of these! I hope you try one, too.
CottageCutz stamp/die sets used on this project are: