For Vicky's last week as hostess for the CCEE Stampers, she told us that she needs to practice mixed media; so that's her challenge this week. I'm probably right there with her -- mixed media is difficult for me too. She gave us a long list of media that we could choose from:
* Pencils (wax, oil, watercolor, graphite/charcoal, chalk/pastel)
* Pastels (chalk, oil)
* Markers (watercolor, pigment, water-based, acrylic)
* Pens (ink, glitter)
* Pigments (Gelatos, watercolor crayons, metallic rub ons)
* Paints (watercolor, acrylic, oil, poster, tempera)
* Inks (dye, chalk, distress, reinkers, pigment, hybrid)
* Powders (mica, pigment, chalk)
* Sprays and airbrushing
* Dimensionals (embossing paste, gesso, fabric, found items, papers (collage, piecing), ephemera, foils)
* Heated elements - encaustic wax, embossing)
For my card I chose ink (stamped image), markers (alcohol markers to color the fern and the postage stamps), dimensionals (embossing paste for the two leaves) -- and I made a collage. I actually added some reinker to my embossing paste, which was originally white.
Be sure to check out the CCEE Stampers blog to see what everyone else designed using mixed media.