Thursday, October 22, 2015

CCEE1543 - Reflections

Maryann continues as hostess for the CCEE Stampers blog again this week with a challenge to create something with reflections.  It could be in a mirror or on water or a verse that looks into the past.  I chose "water" for my reflection.


I stamped the image on waxed paper to get the reflection.  After I colored the "real" trees and the "reflected" trees, I masked the top and sponged some Tim Holtz Salty Ocean and Vintage Photo ink on the part of the picture that was "in the water."

Check out the CCEE Stampers blog for more reflections.

10 comments:

Marsha said...

This is just beautiful, Lois.

Vicky Gould said...

Beautiful scene, Lois...so well executed!!!

Sabrina said...

Really beautiful, Lois - it's like a book illustration. Your colouring, and reflection, are simply wonderful.

Liz Williams said...

Nature's reflection of itself is always a thing of beauty. Way to capture it on your card.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Wax paper? Worked beautifully. Love how colorful this is, Lois!

StampOwl said...

Beautiful reflection scene, great idea using wax paper

Lynn McAuley said...

I love what you have created with this gorgeous country scene, Lois! Sensational sponging on the sky and the muted reflection in the water! Exquisite work!

Maryann said...

This is a beautiful scene Lois. I have tried so hard to make a water reflection card this way with little success, but I have thought of wax paper. Thanks for the tip I will give it a try. I also love the embossed trees on the side.

Elaine M said...

Incredible card - but I don't understand how to use wax paper to get this wonderful image - could you share the "how to"?

Joanne (jojot) said...

Your reflection is outstanding...never thought to use wax paper....will have to try it....beautiful scene