Sunday, September 28, 2014

Featured Stamper and More Copic Coloring

Today's Featured Stamper on Splitcoaststampers is Jacquie J, who has a wonderful gallery.  A technique she used on several of your cards was inlaid die cuts, and I chose one of them to CASE for my card.  Here is a link to her card, and her is my version.


I stenciled the burlap for my background with Ranger Tea Dye.  I cut the "happy birthday" words from the contrasting colors and laid them aside.  After I placed the dies on my stenciled piece and cut them out, I pulled the words from the dies but left the little spaces (in the a's, p's, d's, y's and the b) remain in the dies.  I taped across the openings in the panel with Scotch tape and laid the words into the open spaces.  Then I laid the dies (with the little spaces still in them) on top of the words and pushed them out with a paper piercer.  They were exactly over the empty spaced and filled them up quite easily.    To make sure my brads would match the colors, I just punched out six circles with a hand-held punch, adhered the circles to the card, and put a little Glossy Accents over top.

I also have another Copic-colored ballerina from Friday's Copic coloring class.  I wanted to try to do a darker skin tone on this one.


I found a color combination for black hair, which I really liked -- B41, C5, C7, and 100.  I'm going to have to remember that one!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Wow, I love your girl, and I wrote down those copics for black hair...it looks fantastic and I will have to give that one a try! Love your dark eyes and a touch of eye shadow, too? I think this is the best online class I have taken! I am learning so much and it is so fun to see my improvement, although I have a long way to go to be anywhere close to our instructors! I am going to go see the rest of your cards now!