Saturday, December 28, 2013

Speedy Fox and Friends - Happy New Year!!!

For our final Speedy Fox and Friends challenge of 2013, we are wishing everyone a Happy New Year.  A great way to show off an embossing folder is to color some portions of it.  I have a tutorial on this technique here.  I recently found this Darice fireworks folder at Joann.  I wasn't sure how well it would emboss -- it cost only $3.99.  What a bargain!!!   Using small Memento inkpads, I rubbed the colors onto the raised parts of the embossing folder before running it through my Big Shot.  The champagne bottle, glasses, and cork are colored, cut out and popped up.


Thank you for stopping by my blog during this past year, and I wish you all good luck and happiness in 2014.  I hope you can pop over to the Mark's Finest Papers blog.  The rest of the team wants to wish you Happy New Year, too.  If you'd like to play along with us, link your card at the end of the blog post.  You might just win a free set of stamps.  This is my last week as a member of the Speedy Fox and Friends team.  I am moving over to the Speedy TV Tutorial Time design team in January.  Hope to see you there.

6 comments:

stampingbowd said...

Very fun!!! Love the fire works in the background!

Winnie and Patty said...

Lois--WOW!!! This is fabulous! I love the fireworks! We'll miss you here on Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge, but I know you'll be very popular over on the tutorial time team! TFS

wannabcre8tive said...

So pretty. I love how your fireworks embossing folder worked so well with this set.

Pat said...

Love the fireworks. Thanks for your time on SF&F Blog Challenge.

Kathy Bradley said...

Lois,
Perfect for a New Years card - I love what you've done with the EF - wow!

Stampsnob. said...

Splashing in the bubbly Really nice celebration card....Lis