Saturday, May 18, 2013

Speedy Fox and Friends - Window Card

This week's Speedy Fox and Friends challenge was to make some kind of a window card.  I saw a window card a couple of week's ago on SCS that I knew I was going to CASE at some point.  I loved the simplicity of it -- simple, yet very striking.  Here is a link to my inspiration today.   And here is my card:


I used the acrylic block technique, in which you stamp directly onto an acrylic block and then spritz with water -- then stamp onto paper.  I used watercolor paper and sprayed it with water again after I did my initial stamping, blending it with a waterbrush.  Once the paper was dried, I stamped the cattails silhouette twice to cover the bottom, after which I cut out the window with a circle nestie.  I added a few birds at the top.  The heron and cattails in the window are two separate stamps.

If you'd like to join in on the fun, make some sort of window card (there are many different ways to accomplish this), and link it up to the MFP Blog.  You might just win a free set of stamps.

Stamps:  Mark's Finest Papers - Marsh Birds, Marsh Silhouettes, Scenic Selections
Paper:  Mark's Finest Papers Snow Storm Heavy, Watercolor paper
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Versafine Onyx Black; Tim Holtz Distressed Broken China, Chipped Sapphire
Accessories:  Copic markers, Circle nesties, Acrylic block, Water mister

6 comments:

Winnie and Patty said...

Lois--this is just lovely! I really like how your background came out! Really really pretty! TFS

Pat said...

Lovely. The background is a great color.

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is so pretty, I love that beautiful blue background.

stampingbowd said...

Lois, Gorgeous card!!!! Love the technique! I need to try it!!!!

Kathy Bradley said...

Lois,
Beautiful BG and your scene through your window is lovely!

Unknown said...

Your colors are fantastic. Love your window card. Marks paper make fantastic products, love them