Thursday, January 24, 2013

CCEE1304 - Punch the Clock Day

Joanne found an interesting "national day" to celebrate today -- Punch the Clock Day, which is on January 27th.  So her challenge for the CCEE Stampers was to honor this little-known holday by creating a masculine card with some connection to time or clocks.  Here's mine:


I always loved the grandmother clock (smaller than a grandfather clock) my mom had in her living room.  That's one of the reasons I was drawn to this new set from Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company.  She also had a chair shaped very similar to the one on my card, although it was turquoise, not green.

If you'd like to play along with the CCEE Stampers and celebrate Punch the Clock Day, link your card up to Mr. Linky on the CCEE Blog.

8 comments:

Sabrina said...

Oh - we used to have a chair very like that, and green too! I love the grandfather clock, and your soft colours are just great for a masculine card.

Vicky Gould said...

Guess what! I also had a green chair like that! Love your shading on this masculine beauty, Lois!

Benzi said...

I think your card is bringing back some memories with that chair. :-)
Love the grandfather clock. Great card, Lois.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

How funny is it that the WT411 was the same theme! I love your card with the new set, Lois.

Kathy Bradley said...

Lois,
Very pretty! I love when cards bring back happy memories!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Love it, Lois!! It definitely brings back memories for several of us.

Joanne (jojot) said...

really do love this cozy scene

Cindy Haffner said...

Very PRETTY Lois!!~