Thursday, August 30, 2012

CCEE1235 - Back to School

Anne Harmon's last week as hostess of the CCEE challenges brings a very topical theme -- back to school.  Because Anne loves RED, I decided to use it for the background of my desk and blackboard.  The images are from a new set from Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company, called Lesson Learned.  Last week on the front page of Splitcoaststampers was a technique for making a round step card that looked like fun.  So I used that technique for my card.



If you'd like to play along with the team, check out the challenge on our blog and be sure to link up your card using Mr. Linky at the end of the post.  If you upload to SCS or another internet site, be sure to use the keyword CCEE1235 so we can find you.

Stamps:  Mark's Finest Papers - Lesson Learned
Paper:  MFP Premium Heavy White, Ripened Tomato, Licorice Whips, Snow Storm Smooth
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Worn Lipstick, Versamark
Accessories:  Creative Memories circle template, Copic markers, Spellbinders Star circles, Key Tag punch, Brad, Detail White embossing powder

9 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

Lois, I am really liking this rocker card. It is so cute. Great job.

Vicky Gould said...

Wow, now I have to try this side step. Awesome job; perfection!!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Aren't you just the sweetest to use RED for me!! I love this card......when I can cut and stamp, this is the first thing I'm going to do!! Hugs, my friend!

Benzi said...

Lois, you are the best with techniques. Super card for the challenge this week.

Stampsnob. said...

WOW This is a wonderful card.........Lis

Joanne (jojot) said...

SPECTACULAR AND A WOW....you have outdone yourself this week, Lois...wow

Kathy Bradley said...

Lois,
Very pretty back to school card and love your wonderful fold you used!!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is just SO darling, Lois. You really got the idea I was going for at Sketch With a Twist, as this would be nearly impossible to "sketch". Thanks for participating this week, and I hope to see more of your lovely art in this challenge in coming weeks.
Blessings,
karen Letchworth, Hostess
Sketch With a Twist

www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Sabrina said...

You're so good at trying the new techniques, Lois. I have enough trouble with the regular side step, so I decided to leave this one till I had more energy! But I must say it's a perfect format for your school bench and stack of books. Must be fun rocking it, too - just like those benches!
Hope you weathered the storms OK.