Thursday, May 31, 2012

CCEE 1222 - Paper Piercing

For Charlene's last challenge for the month of May, she chose a good one -- paper piercing.  Her exact words were:  "make paper piercing the focus of your card."  I like this technique because you can make it simple or give it a flare!  I chose to give it a flare and use a Spellbinders Pierceabilities die to create a pretty pattern on what would otherwise be a simple CAS card.


I cut the edge off my white cardstock with one of the dies from the Ric Rac Scalloped Pierceabilities set and then I pierced the pattern.  I cut the cardstock back by another inch and then scored it at 4 1/4", which made the front piece much shorter than the back.  I then cut a piece of blue cardstock and pierced just one section of the pattern and glued it to the white.  I used a blue marker to trace the opening.  Because of Charlene's directive to make the piercing the focus, I added just a simple sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by today.  If you'd like to play along with the CCEE gals, check out the Blog.

Stamps:  Mark's Finest Papers - Oopsy Daisy
Paper:  Mark's Finest Papers - Snow Storm Smooth, Bang Up Blue
Ink:  Memento Bahama Blue (inkpad and marker)
Accessories:  Spellbinders Ric Rac Scalloped Pierceabilities

9 comments:

Vicky Gould said...

What a pretty card. I think the colors make it outstanding. Just simple; yet elegant, Lois!

Sabrina said...

I know I found the idea of making piercing the focus quite hard to work with, but you've certainly done it here, to great effect. This is a super CAS card.

wannabcre8tive said...

Beautiful. I really like the SB pierceabilities.

Benzi said...

Gorgeous, Lois, and elegant. I think the piercerabilities were a hit with several of us this week.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

WOW! Lois, this is just beautiful! What an elegant card!

Cindy Haffner said...

WONDERFUL Lois!!~

Kathy Bradley said...

Lois,
Very, very elegant and lovely! Your piercing is so lovely!!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

I love the Pierceabilities set you used, Lois!!! Me want! LOL! Stunning blue, too, on your pretty card!

Joanne (jojot) said...

Lois....you have been making some really fabulous CAS cards in recent weeks.....this one is classic and sweet