Saturday, February 25, 2012

Inspiration Challenge

I recently attended StampFest By the Bay in Clearwater, Florida, with my sister. I love looking at all the new and fun tools at these shows. I found a wonderful lattice die from Cheery Lynn Designs in one of the booths and decided to use it on my Inspiration Challenge card this morning. The site that Stef chose was suggested by a fellow stamper Arleen Yee, a Canadian stamper who goes by the name of Arlybeans. The site shows a wealth of beautiful, handmade Canadian crafts. I chose one of the metal pieces -- the metal butterflies pictured behind my card.







After I cut out the latticework with my Cuttlebug, I removed a section of the frame, glued it onto my white card base, and stamped the butterfly with some kaleidoscope ink. Then I added a bit of "foliage" which was made from a Sizzix "border" die and DCWV border punch strips and punched flowers. Both the butterfly and the sentiment are from a Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company set called Hello Butterflies.

Stamps: Mark's Finest Papers - Hello Butterflies 
Paper: MFP Snow Storm Smooth, Bang-Up Blue, Precious Pink; DCWV border punch strips 
Ink: JoAnn Craft Essentials kaleidoscope pigment ink 
Accessories: Cheery Lynn Designs lattice die, Sizzix Swirly border die, Marvy flower punch, Brads, Clear embossing powder, Circle punches

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

1 comment:

nwilliams6 said...

Lovely inspired card and inspiration piece. The butterfly is so pretty and this totally makes me wish for Spring now! Hugz.