Thursday, September 22, 2011

Stampin'B Challenge - Dies

The Stampin'B challenge this week was hosted by Vicky Gould. She asked the team to make cards using at least two different Spellbinders dies. My dies were Labels Eight and Leaves.

Autumn's Glory is its colorful leaves. I cut three of them using some scraps from my scrap accordian folder, so I'm not sure exactly what cardstock they are. I sponged them with Tim Holtz inks -- Antique Linen/Rusty Hinge and Mustard Seed/Dried Marigold. The card base is Mark's Finest Papers Natural Vanilla Bean on which I stamped the large leaf image from MFP Autumn Glory in several Memento colors -- Rich Cocoa, Rhubarb Stalk, Potters Clay. After cutting the Labels Eight piece from another scrap of Natural Vanilla Bean, I traced the die onto MFP Dark Chocolate Bar and cut it out with scissors. This gives a narrower mat than if I had used the next size larger Labels Eight die.



The diecut leaves are popped up on pop dots to give some texture.

Thanks for stopping by and looking at my card.

Stamps: Mark's Finest Papers Autumn Glory
Paper: Mark's Finest Papers Natural Vanilla Bean, Dark Chocolate Bar, scraps of tan and yellow
Ink: Tim Holtz Distressed Antique Linen, Rusty Hinge, Mustard Seed, Dried Marigold, Wild Honey; Memento Rich Cocoa, Rhubarb Stalk, Potters Clay
Accessories: Labels Eight, Leaves Shapeabilities, Sponge applicators, Pop dots

1 comment:

Emily Keaton said...

Wow, that's GORGEOUS, Lois!