Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Teapot Tuesday

I'm a relatively newcomer to the SCS Teapot Tuesday challenge, hosted by Cindy Motherway (Mothermark). Cindy has got to have the most vivid imagination of anyone I've ever "met." Each week she invites us to a teaparty, describing a situation, and asks the party-goers to make a card based on her story. In most cases, she asks the participants to send their cards to a worthy cause, which she also describes.

This week's challenge story was "Back to School." The challenge was to have a number on your card and additional items to count. For more information, check out the thread. On another note, I recently attended StampFest Orlando and purchased a set of Inky Antics stamps called Catterpillar HoneyPot Set. If you're not familiar with their "HoneyPot" line, they utilize honeycomb paper for the opened centers of the finished card. I used these stamps and honeycomb paper for my Teapot Tuesday card.



The front of my card fulfills the requirements of the Teapot challenge -- Cuttlebug embossed numbers and two apples! Almost anyone can count to two!!!



Inky Antics has a challenge on their blog at the moment for HoneyPop cards. As you can see, I used red honeycomb paper for the apple inside the card. This honeycomb paper makes such a cute card! Don't you just love that inchworm with his bow tie!

Stamps - Inky Antics Catterpiller HoneyPop Set
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper - GP White, DCWV adhesive Red
Accessories - Cuttlebug and Number Collage folder, Sanding block, Copic markers, Labels Four Nestabilities die, Crystal Effects (on glasses), Red HoneyPop honeycomb paper, Spica glitter gel pen

4 comments:

Marie said...

Your card is adorable. I will have to CASE it for my grandchildren. Thanks for the idea.

Vikki Jo said...

Love it! I'm sold.. I need that worm next!

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

Wonderful card Lois, I like the embossed sanded background, a perfect card for any teacher.

Thank you for playing along in the Inky Antics challenge :)

Bev Gerard said...

Such a cute card, Lois! Love the way the sanding adds such a great look to the background too .. a great pairing with the adorable stamp set.

~Bev