Thursday, May 5, 2011

Stampin'Bs Challenge -- Flower Soft, Liquid Applique or Glitter

The Stampin'B challenge hostess this week was Faith, and she gave us a choice. We could use Flower Soft, Liquid Applique or Glitter. I chose Flower Soft. Actually I chose three varieties of Flower Soft.



After I stamped the wheelbarrow from Mark's Finest Papers In My Mother's Garden and colored it with Copic markers, I then stamped the little grass images from MFP Tropical Vacation to create some "ground." I cut the image out using Spellbinders Labels Twenty-One and sponged the edges. I used Ultrafine Flower Soft in Citrus Crush and Raspberry Fizz, plus regular Flower Soft Fuschia on the flowers.

I have found that you can sometimes make a nicer mat (narrower) if you draw around the edge of the die and cut it out with scissors. By using the same die as your inside piece, you get a 1/8" border all the way around.

Stamps - Mark's Finest Papers In My Mother's Garden and Tropical Vacation
Paper - MFP Premium Heavy White, August Greens, Snow Storm Smooth; K & Company Julianne DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Distressed Bundled Sage and Tumbled Glass
Accessories - Flower Soft (Ultra Fine and Regular), Labels Twenty-One, Sponge daubers, Pop dot, Copic markers

2 comments:

pam124 said...

I'm green with envy over your beautiful use of the flower soft and a wheelbarrow which I l ove. Your sponging and nestie look awesome too! Way to go Lois!

Joanne (jojot) said...

such a sweet, springy delight...and just love the Flower soft effect.....very well cone, my friend