Thursday, August 26, 2010

Stampin'B Challenge #73 - Square Western

Vicky Gould was hostess for this week's Stampin'B's Design Team Blog challenge. Her choice -- a square card of any size, western in theme. I decided to do a monochromatic card for her challenge.



After masking off the edges of the Corn Husk cardstock with Eclipse tape, I stamped images from two different Mark’s Finest Papers’ sets (Regal & Proud and Southwest Cowboy). The cactus was stamped first, using Versafine Sepia and clear embossed. Then I stamped the mountains in the background and the two horses. Finally I sponged in the sky, mountains, and ground. The sentiment is just the first line of the haiku by F. Kessler from Southwest Cowboy. The card base is MFP Deepest Mahogany with a mat of Hazelnut. Western is not my style, but I’m happy with the result.



I've had these cowboy boots salt and pepper shakers for quite some time -- I found them at a flea market. They were apparently used at one time because the salt in the one boot has tarnished (beyond repair) the finish.
-------------
Stamps - Mark's Finest Papers Regal & Proud, Southwest Cowboy
Paper - MFP Deepest Mahogany, Hazelnut, Corn Husk
Ink - Versafine Sepia, Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories - Clear ep, Sponge dauber, Eclipse tape

2 comments:

Benzi said...

Lois, your card is super! I must tell you I love coming to see your salt & pepper shakers. I just knew you would have a set for this theme. And, sure enough, you do. What a wonderful collection!

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a fabulous western scene....perfect placement...and just love the neutral tones