Thursday, April 29, 2010

Stampin'B Challenge #56 - Mother's Day

NancyRuth’s Mother’s Day card challenge gave me another opportunity to try my hand at watercoloring. I am determined to keep at it until someone finally says, “STOP! You’re not very good at this!”




I tried using water color crayons and an aquabrush to see how that went. I did a wash with yellow on the entire panel and tried the “salt technique” that Jeanne Forsyth showed me a couple of weeks ago. I stamped the SU lilies with Stazon Jet Black, then masked them and stamped the foliage behind them. Using a couple different crayons (Pumpkin Pie and Really Rust) I did the lilies. I colored the stamens with a brown watercolor pencil but didn’t use the aquabrush. The DP is from Basic Grey’s Ambrosia paper pad, and the sentiment was cut with a Nestabilities Labels Four die after stamping with a coordinating Scent With Love stamp. A few silver half pearls finished it up.
------------
Stamps - SU Fifth Avenue Florals, Scent With Love Label Accents
Paper - SU Very Vanilla, Pumpkin Pie; Watercolor paper; Basic Grey Ambrosia DP
Ink - Stazon Jet Black, Palette Landscape, ColorBox Silver
Accessories - Watercolor crayons, Aquabrush, Watercolor pencil, Spellbinders Labels Four, Silver half pearls

2 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

sorry Lois can't say that to ya, cuz to me it looks fab

Stacy Morgan said...

This is very pretty! Your WC Is awesome so keep it up. I love how you framed the Mother sentiment and great sprigs in the background.