I coordinated the cardstock color with the design on the calendar, not necessarily the flower of the month. January's crocus, however, was a good match all the way around. The flowers are all colored using Copic markers and cut out with Spellbinders Labels Three.
I have to admit that I needed to Google "primrose" for February. I've never seen a primrose before. When I heard the name "primrose," I thought it was going to look like a rose. NOT! After I did all my coloring and gluing, I punched the holes at the top with my Crop-a-dial and used binder rings to hold the calendar together. Because the cardstock is sturdy, the calendar will stand up by itself. I didn't need any kind of holder or frame. This was a fun project!